Wednesday 14 October 2009

Too Far?

I hate flying, period! I hate flying EVEN MORE, when I have to worry about external stuff aside from dropping out of the sky and that fact that I'll drown instantly because i can only swim 5 metres or a pigeon getting stuck in a propeller, which leads to engine failure which leads to falling into the sea and the fact im going to drown coz I can only swim 5 metres...so thorough security checks are a huge thumbs up in my book as I can at least cross 'aeroplane potentially going up in terrorist flames' off my 'panic list'.


However, naked scanning? I'm not 100% comfortable with, I'm afraid. Basically as from today, Manchester airport has introduced an x-ray machine that enables security to see your naked body in order to spot any hidden exposives or dangerous weapons that may be tucked away in the 'nooks and crannies'. The scanned image will project a clear outline of your private parts as well as any body piercings, prosthetic parts or cosmetic surgery enhancements. Yes that's right! Everything will be on show! It's been 'said' that the images will be viewed in a private room by one officer who will then delete the image immediately once satisfied that no threat has been detected but let's be honest, what's the likelihood of that happening? Your bits and bobs could be all over the net in milli-seconds!

Is this taking it toooooo far?

Discuss

No comments: