Tuesday 13 October 2009

Hip Hop News

Gucci Mane seems to disagree with MTV's notion that Jay Z is indeed the hottest rapper in the game. In an interview seen here, Gucci shares his thoughts





Also, in related news rapper Lupe Fiasco had this to say:

"Now a few days ago, well, over the past three, four weeks, [MTV] put this list out on MTV," Lupe told a crowd of fans. "And it was the top ten emcees. It makes sense 'cause it's the top ten emcees for like 'right now.' Which is cool, makes sense, n*ggas be hot. But I knew I wasn't gonna make it because I haven't done sh*t in years or some sh*t like that. I was like 'Okay, well f*ck it then.' You thinking like two straight solid years where I need to be one, two, three, four and five on that motherf*cker. So, I decided to put in the work. I was like 'You know what? I'm finna just work every day, four songs a day or some sh*t.' And then we'll see next year, who'll be number one on that list. So I did this sh*t the other day."

Guess a lot of people are really shaken up by this whole MTV list issue, but who's to say that MTV is the law on whats hot concerning Hip Hop..Im sure the list was done in good taste, and was fairly accurate- you could switch a couple ppl around, some upward movement as well as descension; but as it states, that list is a representation of right now in Hip Hop. If an artist is not relevant or on the scene right now how could they be on the list. Yes we all now Eminem is nothing less than great, and has his place in Hall of Fame- top 10 no question, maybe even five considering, but he just now jumped back in. Let them other dudes live, if they got us moving and entertained gotta give them their just due.

No comments: