Tuesday 27 July 2010

SHYNE....XXL COVER..SEPTEMBER 2010




They say you cant keep a good man down, neither a woman for that matter ( I didnt forget you sisters). That and more can be said about SHYNE. Out of jail now for almost a year, and still on his grind musically and spiritually.

In the upcoming XXL issue SHYNE sheds some more light on a couple of issues and feelings surrounding his hiatus: "In my life, when I make decisions to roll, I roll," Shyne told the magazine about firing a gun while partying with Diddy and the mogul's then-girlfriend Jennifer Lopez at Club New York. "And I don't give a f--- what the consequences are. If I'ma defend myself, I'ma defend myself. If somebody tryna kill or hurt one of my partnas or my comrades, that's with me, there is no, 'Yo,' or, 'Damn, well, if I pull this sh-- out, this is what's gonna happen.' No! I don't wanna die. I don't wanna be laid up in no f---ing hospital with a tube runnin' through me, hurtin' and sufferin'. Pain is real. So you know what? I'm not doin' that. You gon' do that, mother----er. You gon' roll and say hi to Satan, not me. And that's that.

"Your survival instincts tell you to protect and preserve, and you deal with whatever later," he explained of his actions (courtesy of XXL)

Seemingly regretful and mature having dealt with the consequences of his actions, Shyne sums it up by saying:

""You can always say, 'Man, that ain't the way to handle the situation,Sure, I know in my soul that the situation was supposed to be handled in a different way. But it ain't really a matter of disappointment or letdown, 'cause I never really ... I grew up never having sh--, never having anybody. So I never was that dude to depend on a mother----er. Obviously, the actions is not something that you condone or that you're happy with. Not at all."

More and more we see that he is mixing up a stew that will get him back to his roots. What does that mean for hip hop? For now we dont know. The jury is still out, some are still riding and some have jumped off the bandwagon. I respect anyone with resolve, and I have always appreciated SHYNE as an artist. The future can never be predicted, nor the past relived- only learned from. Circa 9 years is a lot of time, to lose, to rebuild, to redeem. Meet SHYNE in XXL's September Issue which he dons the cover. In the meantime, here goes some behind the scenes footage, and some bars since you've been waiting.

No comments: