Tuesday 8 December 2009

Ruff Ryders




Is back and hoping to re-gain its spot, not too long ago there was only a couple things moving and they were one of them. Remember that good old late 90s sound of Murder Inc. Roc- A fella The Firm, and everything that Def Jam had to offer. Well theyre at it again, trying to capitalize of the sustained relevancy of the Lox and Swizz Beats, bring back the once all star cast which also includes DMX Eve and Dra-On. To add to the mix, the Ruff Ryder company has branced out a subdivision, Ruff Ryder Indy, a distribution company which will give artists an opportunity to get their music out by providing album budgets etc. The first out of that fold will be Drag- On's third effort: My Life, My Legacy, My Melody in March.

In addition the camp will be pushing newly signed artist Mook from Harlem, as well as including him with the mainstays on the compilation, Ruff Ryders Evolution: Generation I.


Drag- On pitched in his perspective on the whole umbrella:

"I’ve reinvented myself and created a whole new sound,I’m trying to create another umbrella in this game with my label Hood Environment and my artists Da Dude and Eyez.B. However, I’m still the original ‘Fire-Man.’"

According to CEO Waah Dean, "Over the last 20 years, my family and I have built the Ruff Ryders brand on good music, original talent and hard work, Now, we are entering a new chapter of our company with album releases from Drag, Mook and the Ruff Ryder team, as well as the creation of our new ‘Ruff Ryder Indy’ division.”


We all know that music is in need of something- maybe the Double R is it.

No comments: