Tuesday 8 December 2009

Executive Snoop

Snoop has been appointed creative Chairman at Priority Records...thats big business, an artist dream-to be an excecutive. lets see what he does with it...heres the deal in his own words:


"I actually approached Priority about the situation," Snoop Dogg said recently in a magazine interview. "Even before I had a record deal, it was my dream to be on Priority. It was my dream to bring Priority back to life after I saw that it went kind of cold. I was heartbroken [when Ice Cube left N.W.A], because I loved the group as it was. But once Cube found himself solo with the Bomb Squad, DJ Pooh and Sir Jinx, it made me love him even more, that he'd gone out there to do for himself. Those first Priority records...took a toll on me. I felt like the label...put them in a position where the whole world knew who they were. They say Frank Sinatra had an office up in there. Ol' Blue Eyes had his day. Now it's time for Ol' Blue Rag to get his on."

"Starting fresh with EMI is a great feeling," he wrote. "It's a new partnership, a new Priority Records, and a new Snoop Dogg: the Creative Chairman...the Boss Dogg...the Dogg Father. The business model we've developed will bring the musical heritage of groups like N.W.A. to the forefront. And you definitely got to get ready for my new album Malice N Wonderland in December to kick it all off -- this is going to be the most potent dose of Snoop Dogg yet!"

No comments: