Monday 28 September 2009

Nas absent on BP 3 and Cuban II

When asked about the rumor that he was asked to be on both Raekwon and Jay Z's monumental albums, Blueprint III and Cuban Link II, and refused Nas replied:

"I love what Jay-Z's album, Raekwon's album are - my favorite rap albums. I think they have made Hip-Hop serious again and I'm just...I feel great about the whole world now because of those two albums"

This was an interview with Punchbowl Blog, an interview which you can tell Nas avoided the question at hand...He is right those two albums have re-energized Hip Hop, but both would have been way better with an appearance by Nasir...I question why he let us down and neglected his responsibility to be apart of the two biggest things to hit rap this year. I understand turmoil can get you sidetracked, and we all know that he has had his share- but why let a chance go by. There aint that much needed to be put into the Distant Relatives album he has coming with Damian Marley, which he insists will be put out this year. NAs also included that he was a candidate for the presidency of Def Jam- wonder why he was passed up? Opportunities just havent been on point for him lately huh.

No comments: