Friday 18 September 2009

BET Hip Hop Awards 2009

The BET Hip Hop Awards will take place on October 10th in Atlanta and will air on BET on October 27th..here is a list of the early nominees and categories:

Best Hip-Hop Collaboration
"Pop Champagne," Jim Jones & Ron Browz featuring Juelz Santana
"Mrs. Officer," Lil Wayne featuring Bobby Valentino "Magnificent,"
Rick Ross featuring John Legend "Live Your Life,"
T.I. featuring Rihanna "Put On," Young Jeezy featuring Kanye West

Best Live Performer
Busta Rhymes
Jay-Z
Lil Wayne
T.I.
Kanye West

Lyricist of the Year
Drake
Eminem
Jay-Z
Lil Wayne
Kanye West

Video Director of the Year
Gil Green
Anthony Mandler
Mr. Boomtown
Chris Robinson
Hype Williams

Producer of the Year
Ron Browz
Cool & Dre
Tha Bizness
T-Pain
Kanye West

Track of the Year
"Day "N" Nite," Kid Cudi
"D.O.A. (Death of Auto Tune)," Jay-Z
"Every Girl - Young Money," Lil Wayne, Drake, Jae Mills, Gudda Gudda & Mack Maine
"Live Your Life," T.I. featuring Rihanna
"Turn My Swag On," Soulja Boy Tell'em

CD of the Year
Relapse, Eminem
The Renaissance, Q-Tip
Paper Trail, T.I.
808s & Heartbreak, Kanye West
The Recession, Young Jeezy

Rookie of the Year
B.O.B.
Dorrough
Drake
Kid Cudi
Wale

Best Hip-Hop Video
"Ice Cream Paint Job," Dorrough
"We Made You," Eminem - We Made You
"D.O.A. (Death of Auto Tune)," Jay-Z
"Day "N" Nite,"
Kid Cudi
"Live Your Life," T.I. featuring Rihanna

I think its a great lineup of nominees, but i really wanna question how do they go about selection of the winner, and what is the criteria of nomination. Personally I think there could be some upsets to liven up the repetitive award scene.

Best Video definitely has to be Kid Cudi, none of the others can match its creative imagery...He came out of the gate strong with that one...Anything else would be robbery.

Rookie of the year has to be Drake of course, he has taken the game by storm but dont sleep on Wale and Cudi, they have grinded hard for their respect, and both of them get a lot from me...

CD of the year- winner: can u really argue wit the success and trend setting of 808's and Heartbreak. Paper Trail and the recession were hard as well

Track of the Year: I have been to alot of parties and nothing gets it going like Every Girl; say what u want about the content, or D.O.A and the following that it has started BUT send this one to Young Moola baby.

Producer of the Year: Can anyone spell B-I-A-S- Ron Browz....he took autotune to a whole different level, and alot of dudes in Harlem are eating again.

Director of the Year: No one works harder than Anthony Mandler and B when they hookup...do ur research.

Lyricist of the Year: The Michael Jordan of rap, the big homey himself...Until he hangs it up..oh in case u didnt know- thats Jay Z

Best Live Performer: I have never been to one, but I have heard that Busta is ill...so this award his going to Mr. consistency

Collabo of the year: Jeezy and Kanye "Put On"- song speaks for itself...shout out to T.I. and Rhi Rhi though...FIRE!!!!!!

There you have it Basquiat's Awars predictions. Any objections?????feel free to comment, and send in ur list.

1 comment:

Coffee said...

RON BROWZ?! Definite Bias...thats the only thing to describe that prediction! lol...but, that dude just might take it and I will be yelling at the TV screen!

Track of the Year has to be the worst line up of nominees ever...if I had my choice D.O.A would win...but this is BET...so ignorance prevails and "Every Girl" will take it...yuck.

I cant say I'll block out my night to actually watch these awards, but if I do happen to catch it, we'll see how your predictions stack up.

How you do a wrap-up of the awards.