Thursday 18 February 2010

Classic Nas

I was having an argument as I do almost daily about whos number 1 or 2- Nas or Jay Z; I try to stay away from the Biggie and 2Pac debates cause its hard to say- who knows what they would be able to produce today. Dont get me wrong they were GREAT, and will never be forgotten. But what we can prove is the way that Nas and Jay Z have been able to transcend generations and adapt with the growth, or change if you will of music. More so one has been able to do so better than the other, thats inarguable. And the winner is- JAY Z. wait did I just sound like a groupie. But anyway back to live action. I stil say he is #1 and Esco #2. There is no comparison in their catalogs or their influence on this culture. Im not gonna lie circa 1996 Nas embodied what Hov does today. With that being said I promised my homey that I would show Mr. Jones his due respect, and take yall through a chamber of his influence. We going back to Illmatic the firm, and all. Walk with me.




It Aint Hard To Tell (illmatic 1994)



NY State of Mind (Illmatic 1994)




If I ruled the World ( It Was Written 1996)



Street Dreams (It Was Written 1996)



Hate Me Now feat. Puff Daddy (I Am 1999)




Got Yourself A Gun (God's Son 2002)



made You Look ( Gods Son 2002)




Cant Forget about You ( Hip Hop is DEad 2006)



Hip Hop is Dead ( Hip HOp is Dead 2006)

No comments: