Monday 15 February 2010

Banks Season

Apparently the Unit is going back to its roots- mixtape killing and raw unedited expressionism. Thats whats put them on the map and had everyone going crazy circa 2003. Recently we've seen them go through many changes, be it members changing (i.e Hot Rod, Spyder Loc, Young Buck, Olivia, and the Game) to deals changing- rumor has it they were dropped from Interscope Records. Therefore there has been a cloud of mystery around the Unit, 50's sales haven't been up to par- feuds with Rick Ross, Cam, and D Block; all of them losses, arguably.

Fast Forward to 2010, and suddenly there has been a rebirth. Beamers, Benz, and Bentley's by Banks feat. Juelz is fire!!!!!!!If you havent checked out, I'll plug you in again with that one, as well as a new joint with him and 50. recently Banks hollered at SOHH, and had this explaination of the rebuidling process for G- Unit.

"Well the status is, I am the present, the past and the future," Banks explained in an interview. So they can definitely look forward to that. Tony Yayo, of course. The founding members are always gonna be there. We built this up, gave opportunities to other artists that were signed including [Young] Buck and Game and so on. But as long as that structure is there, we're good. We're solid. You can look forward to me, I'm the future. This summer [for my album]. It's a tight schedule...hopefully we can push for late summer."


The boy Tony Yayo even had something to say, "If I was still on Interscope, I would say I would probably have to wait a long process to get my mixtape on iTunes," Yayo explained to DJ Green Lantern. "And now my mixtape's on iTunes, go pick it up -- I get my bread faster instead of waiting on the label to make moves for me. Them days is dead...We're gonna drop these independent records this summer, it's more money for me anyway, so, it's a beautiful thing. It's the do it yourself [era]. Eh yo, all those Hype Williams days are over. N*ggas used to spend half a million for a video. Now -- my videos are done in five minutes."

Well I am always one to say the proof is in the pudding, so we'll see.



No comments: