Thursday 12 November 2009

Dream Big




Sha Money XL former president of G Unit Records, has his own imprint now, a joint venture with NY Distributor The Orchard- called Dream Big Ventures. His latest signings are Stat Quo (formerly of Shady/Interscope) and DJ Whoo Kid (formerly of G -Unit)...In an interview with HipHop DX, Sha had this to say


"I'm getting ready for a new year. The vision is clear: I see it, and I'm ready to take over and put out good music consistently, This is gonna be about consistency; this ain't gonna be about taking year-gaps and taking time off, it's about putting out consistent music from dope artists in every walk of Hip Hop. You've got classic lyricists like Talib Kweli and a producer like Hi-Tek doing Reflection [Eternal]. Then you've got a south dude like Stat Quo, that's spittin'. It's just gonna give Hip Hop what we need.

Of the overall deal and announcement, Sha Money admired The Orchard's faith in his vision. "There's two things that are important to me: belief and committment. [The Orchard] believed in me. And then we've got these investors and we gotta get our money up. That's all I needed since the beginning, was an executive believing in me and my quality of music." The label is presently a distributor for other artists including Royce Da 5'9", Fashawn, DJ Green Lantern and Wu-Tang Music Group.

CONGRATULATIONS and good luck.

No comments: