Wednesday 3 November 2010

SEIZE THE MOMENT






We havent seen capitalization of a buzz the size of Nikki Minaj's in recent memory. As she prepares for PINK FRIDAY, her debut album on YM/CMB she sat down wit YRB Magazine..check out some highlights:

When asked about her animated delivery that has solidified her as a standout MC, Nikki replied

"I’m going to talk about my family and a little bit of dysfunction – or I should say, lots of dysfunction. And I’m just going to talk about me and self-searching and why I made the choices [I did]. Onika is not Nicki is not Roman. People will never be able to figure me out. I can tell you my whole life story from beginning to end, and then tomorrow, I’ll be just a different person."

Nikki goes on to speak of her hesitancy to release PINK FRIDAY, for fear of failure asssuming that she would be better appreciated as a feature artist. The tide turned with a push from her label and a hallmark moment: collaborating with heavyweights Hov and Kanye West:

"That has to be the breakout Nicki Minaj moment. That was my moment. People paid attention because of who was on it and because I held my own and I stayed true to my crazy animation, and it’s like I didn’t have to take my fun stuff out. I was able to incorporate Nicki Minaj on a record with Jay-Z and Kanye West. And I think people know that’s a difficult task in itself."

(all quotes courtesy of ybf.com)

No comments: