Tuesday 10 August 2010

BEEF ON THE RISE part 2






Please let these words be recorded to serve as testimony that I saw it all before it....came to fruition.."( jay Z freestyle over Grammy family beat). I mustve thought I was him about 2 weeks ago when I told a friend of mine that the next beef was gonna be between Jeezy and Rick Ross. What does it stem from? Maybe something deeper than, or maybe just rap. Jeezy has a new mixtape dropping @ 1:03 pm on Thursday. One of two preluding his album TM 103 due out at the end of this year. We all know that Rick Ross has been reigning, and recently its been at the hands of the single BMF (Blowing Money Fast) which Jeezy re-did slipping in this slick line, " “How you blowin’ money fast, you ain’t know the crew/ Oh you part of the fam, shit I never knew.”

You tell me if I was far off.

I think this is good for rap, nothing can stay the same forever, Ross has been killing the scene for a minute, and a little lyrical exercise never hurt anyone. Well maybe Cannibus, but hey who told him to get to big for his britches, shout out to Can-I-bus and LL. You see what it did for Nas and Hov made the whole game tougher and step up their bars. I think its about time for Ross to eat another rappers plate. No lie, lyrically I dont think Jeezy can hang wit the boss. trap rapping is different, feel me. And for the record, I think the world should embrace this for what it is- a rap beef. Nothing more nothing less, let the bars decide. Lets not get caught up in who does what and how, cause @ the end of the day we dont know these guys personally and it is what it is- rap, anything deeper is for another venue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always been amused by the 'King of Trap Music' beefs that pop up from time to time, the back and forth of who trapped the hardest and got the most dough. The fact of the matter is, if they were really going hard body like that, they'd catch a dirt nap from either the Feds or from their street associates.

That being said, is Ross' v. Jeezy a lyrical beef that advances the form? I think Ross is a better rapper than Jeezy, but what does that really mean? Shouldn't Ross be going after a Jay (unlikely) or a TI or a Wayne? Not sure sonning Jeezy is any particular accomplishment.

Basquiat said...

I agree with you in that instance. COuld he hold his own with said monsters, I think so. But who ever willingly takes shots @ the throne and survives.

And for the record, I think everyone should leave the trapping to the trappers, and stop clogging up the lane when dudes are trying to go to the basket. Keep it creative and keep it progressive. Thats what we represent here @ lynx.

TwitpicD said...

this shit is crazy,but like everybody said....I hope they keep it on wax!!!....its always cool to see some competition/battles going on....the game is getting wack,and watered down.....O and go download the mixtape Rick Ross vs. young Jeezy-BMF (the mixtape) on datpiff,igrind,and coast to coast mixtapes!!!