Thursday 25 March 2010

He did it Again, who dont like?




"I would kiss Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Rihanna," he said in an interview when asked which he would kiss, marry and avoid amongst the threesome. "I would marry Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Rihanna in Africa, I'd have 3 wives! And I would avoid wearing condoms and have really big families! I think it's hot [the 'Telephone' video]. But there's a shot in the video in the diner that's just breasts. And it looks great, but if I shot the same shot in my music video, they would make me edit that immediately." (MTV UK)



I need some commentary on this from you guys. Once again the master of marketing and promotion has struck. Can it ever be said that he doesnt speak his much? NEVER. And is that not the point of it all like my man Anthony Hamilton says. I think thats whats missing in hip hop- people being candid, and honest. I remember the 2003 Get Rich or Die trying 50 Cent. Thats whats made people gravitate to him; he said whatever he wanted. And for the record I am a JAY Z fan to the death, and this may be seen as a slight to him, but you have to recognize game when its in front of you. A winning formula if you will. We miss that 1990's feel in rap. Dont get me wrong I am a fan of the new school, the Wale's the Drakes, the Young Moneys the Gucci's but this is when rap when hitting. When people could go on Flex and go in, when Monday Night Mixtape was anxiously awaited, and when Kay Slay took you to where you needed to be. Thats my remedy, however cliche it sounds, any opposition to this proclamation?

No comments: